Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sketchbook: Drawings My Mom May Hang On Her Fridge.

I've been playing around with various approaches and agendas lately.  I'm trying to be more expressive by laying in things looser and not obsessing about exact rendering.  I'm constantly thinking about design.  I want to get a background in and perhaps a pattern or secondary element.  And I recently discovered ProWhite and I love it.

Here are some recent sketches:

Fish (Watercolor, ink, and ProWhite in Moleskine sketchbook, 5x8"). Based on photo from National Geographic.

Sucker (Watercolor and ball-point pen in Moleskine sketchbook, 6x2").

California Condor Skull with White Stripes (Ball-point pen, ink, and ProWhite in Moleskine sketchbook, 8x5").

Mountain Lion Skull (Marker, ProWhite, ball-point pen, and watercolor in Moleskine sketchbook, 8x5").

Wolf Skull (Marker and ball-point pen in Moleskine sketchbook, 8x5").

Paca (Ball-point pen, acrylic ink, and ProWhite in Moleskine sketchbook, 8x5").  Based on photo from San Diego Zoonooz.

Pepper Shaker While Sitting In Rhino Cafe, Coronado (Ball-point pen in Moleskine sketchbook, 2x4").

Coffee Cup In Claire De Lune Coffee Shop, San Diego (Ball-point pen, acrylic ink, walnut ink, and watercolor in Cachet sketchbook, 3x6").

No comments: