Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Art School: Last Class of Term.

Virginia (Oil on canvas board, 11x14).  I was out of 9x12" boards so I went up to the next size I had available.  I find 9x12" to be a comfortable size to get done in the limited time, but I enjoyed having the extra room to work -- especially getting the shoulders in.  I violated every rule having kept the background white, but I like it.  I'll live with it for a few days before deciding whether to return to it and add color.  It was a good term -- I learned a lot.  Many thanks to my instructor, Ben Young, for all of his help and advice.


Here are some progress shots -- each taken with my iPhone after a 20 minute session....





2 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow Bry, that's pretty cool to see the progression. (That iPhone camera isn't too shabby).

I really like your painting.

RichLandry said...

Very well done Bryan. I like its realism.